Rhonda Albom is an adventurer, award winning travel blogger, travel photographer, author, and coffee drinker. When she is not traveling the world with her husband and homeschooled teens, they live in New Zealand.
Subscribe for free now
You will receive Albom Adventures via email and an occasional newsletter.
Products We Love Enough to Review
- Wondering Why It’s Called Pink Beach? (Auckland, New Zealand)Albom Adventures Pink Beach is a remote destination on the east side of Shakespear Park, my favourite Auckland New Zealand regional park. The park offers hours of hiking trails and has three popular beaches with nearby carparks. In contrast to the others, Pink Beach requires a hike along the Tiritiri Track, is accessible only at low […]
- Latin Festival – Auckland Summer is a Colorful FiestaAlbom Adventures New Zealand knows how to throw a party, and that was clear yesterday at the opening of the weekend-long Latin Festival Auckland. The schedule of events at this Auckland summer fiesta weekend is varied. With two sound stages, there seemed to always be multiple options of things to do. The main dance floor alternates […]
- Christchurch Gondola for Panoramic Views and HikingAlbom Adventures Rising above the city, a ride on the Christchurch Gondola offers picturesque aerial views of the Banks Peninsula, Lyttleton Harbour, the Southern Alps (on a clear day), and the Canterbury Plains. Once at the top of Mount Cavendish there is more to do than we had realised when we began our ascent. Often […]
- Christchurch Street Art Uplifts NZ’s Post-Quake CityAlbom Adventures Christchurch Street Art is a colourful distraction from the vacant lots and surviving earthquake damaged buildings that seem to plague much of the downtown area. It’s as though New Zealand’s third largest city is a blank canvas to be painted. NZ street artists have flocked here to take on the challenge of revitalising […]
- Kiwi Slang: Funny New Zealand Phrases – Visitors Beware!Albom Adventures The longer I live in Auckland, the more natural the New Zealand language feels. They call it English, but the Kiwi slang creates a variant that is often amusing. Four years ago I wrote about it and won an expat contest for my entry. I re-read it this morning and discovered it is […]
- MOTAT Christmas Lights Raise Money for Auckland ChildrenAlbom Adventures Celebrate the spirit of giving and enjoy Christmas night lights at MOTAT. Auckland’s Museum of Transport and Technology has once again used thousands of fairy lights to create a magical wonderland that should be on everyone’s list of things to do before Christmas. To include everyone, the MOTAT entry fee is only $2 […]