Rhonda Albom is an adventurer, award winning travel blogger, travel photographer, author, and coffee drinker. When she is not traveling the world with her husband and homeschooled teens, they live in New Zealand.
Subscribe for free now
You will receive Albom Adventures via email and an occasional newsletter.
Products We Love Enough to Review
- Croatian Desserts and Main Dishes that You Won’t Want to MissAlbom Adventures Croatian cuisine is diverse, interesting, and tasty. To help us discover classic Croatian desserts, meats, pasta, and breads, we went to an expert, Ana of KitchenToast. She shares with us the most popular dishes served in this European country. (See her details below). Croatia is a country rich in history, culture, and natural […]
- Finding the Best High Tea in Auckland NZ, and Why We Love CordisAlbom Adventures Enjoying high tea in Auckland, our home city, is like taking a mini-holiday neatly wrapped up in an afternoon. It’s an opportunity to relax and appreciate a touch of elegance, savoury and sweet treats, traditional warm scones, and, of course, a delicate pot of tea. While traditionally associated with the UK, the custom […]
- Our Auckland whale watching afternoon spotting dolphins, whales & birdsAlbom Adventures Auckland whale watching is one of the most exciting ways to get out on the water in New Zealand’s largest city. In addition to whale sightings, we enjoyed pods of playful dolphins. Plus, seabirds frequently circled overhead or dove into the water. Here, we share the magic of our day out on the […]
- An Epic Overnight Milford Sound Cruise – Spectacular Photo OpportunitiesAlbom Adventures I have often heard that an overnight Milford Sound cruise is the highlight of many New Zealand South Island itineraries. As we opted for a day trip years ago, we went to a photo expert to learn more about an overnight adventure. Daniela Constantinescu shares both her first-hand experience, as well as some […]
- Gluten-Free Hibiscus Coast Restaurants: Orewa to Gulf HarbourAlbom Adventures Did you know that there are dozens of Hibiscus Coast restaurants that offer substantial gluten-free options? If you, or someone you dine with, has coeliac disease, as do members of our family, it’s critical to know which establishments can keep your food safe. And if gluten-free dining is your lifestyle choice, we’ve got […]
- 28 Gluten-Free Restaurants in Auckland: Dining Out with Coeliac DiseaseAlbom Adventures Initially, we created this list of gluten-free restaurants in Auckland for ourselves, but in honour of New Zealand’s Coeliac Awareness Week, we have decided to share all of our favourites. We started it years ago, after a diagnosis of coeliac disease and the instant need for a gluten-free diet. Over the years, we […]