Rhonda Albom is an adventurer, award winning travel blogger, travel photographer, author, and coffee drinker. When she is not traveling the world with her husband and homeschooled teens, they live in New Zealand.
Subscribe for free now
You will receive Albom Adventures via email and an occasional newsletter.
Products We Love Enough to Review
- Things to Do in Nelson: Geographical Centre of New ZealandAlbom Adventures Highlighting the best things to do in Nelson New Zealand, this article was written by local Amanda Horak. She guides us through the city of Nelson, shows us where to relax or to hike, and then leads us into the surrounding region for adventure and panoramic natural beauty. Nelson is known for many […]
- Chengdu Itinerary: Pandas, Opera, Hot Pot, and a Giant Buddha in 2 DaysAlbom Adventures Chengdu China is probably best known for its Giant Panda Research Center. And while this is a highlight of our Chengdu itinerary, it’s only one of several fascinating things to do in Chengdu and the surrounding area. Nearby Leshan is home to the world’s largest Buddha; plus, there is shopping, dining, and entertainment. […]
- 12 Exciting Auckland Day Trips: Nearby Adventures Within 2 Hours of CBDAlbom Adventures Auckland, the city of sails, is a starting point for many visitors as well as being home to nearly one-third of New Zealand’s population. While there are plenty of things to keep one busy in the city, an Auckland day trip to a nearby destination offers both a change of scenery and a […]
- Orewa Beach: See Why This Local’s Paradise is an Auckland GetawayAlbom Adventures Orewa Beach has it all. An all-season destination, the beach is three kilometres of pristine golden sand, safe swimming in gentle waves, watersports, and endless ocean views. Nestled against a charming seaside community, Orewa offers boutique shopping, art galleries, an array of international cuisine, a cycle and walkway, and more. At only a […]
- Three Days on Stewart Island: NZ’s Ecotourism Spot for Kiwi and HikingAlbom Adventures While many consider Stewart Island to be New Zealand’s third island, others barely know that it exists. Located only 30 km off of the southern coast of the mainland (South Island), it’s another piece of paradise and New Zealand’s ultimate ecotourism destination. Here, you will find impressive hiking and abundant wildlife ranging from […]
- How to Enjoy a Day Trip to Waiheke Island: from Vineyards to BeachesAlbom Adventures So close to Auckland, yet a world away. Waiheke Island is a local’s getaway; a 92 square km subtropical paradise in New Zealand that has earned worldwide recognition. A day trip to Waiheke Island offers options from award-winning wineries complemented by world-class culinary delights, to a casual day on any of the unspoilt […]