Rhonda Albom is an adventurer, award winning travel blogger, travel photographer, author, and coffee drinker. When she is not traveling the world with her husband and homeschooled teens, they live in New Zealand.
Subscribe for free now
You will receive Albom Adventures via email and an occasional newsletter.
Products We Love Enough to Review
- 18 Places to See Penguins in New ZealandAlbom Adventures Many people seem surprised to learn that there are penguins in New Zealand. In fact, these elusive flightless seabirds reside throughout the southern hemisphere. Although only three of the world’s 18 different species of penguins nest on NZ’s mainland, nine species breed in NZ waters. Even more impressive, 13 of the species have […]
- Renting a Campervan in New Zealand: What You Need to KnowAlbom Adventures Getting out and exploring New Zealand is a favourite pastime of locals and visitors. One of the popular ways of doing this is renting a campervan in New Zealand and hitting the road. Even if you have never done it before, NZ is an easy place to start. However, there are a few […]
- Luxury and Boutique Hotels in Auckland: Relax and Be PamperedAlbom Adventures Wondering where to stay in Auckland? If you are like us and enjoy 5-star opulence, we have hand-picked our three favourite luxury and boutique hotels in Auckland. Whether you are a local, like us, or a visitor, we believe your accommodation makes a difference in your whole attitude towards New Zealand’s largest city. […]
- An American Expat in New Zealand: Initial Days vs 20 Years OnAlbom Adventures Recently, while going through some old writings, I discovered this article I wrote nearly 17 years ago, only a few years after becoming an American Expat in New Zealand. Back then, I worried about day-to-day differences, while 20 years later, I only see the bigger benefits. Mostly positive, but then there are annoyances […]
- 6 Breathtaking Coastal Landmarks in the UKAlbom Adventures Whether you are cruising around the island or road-tripping, there are several stunning coastal landmarks in the UK you don’t want to miss. As we have only seen a few of them, we went to an expert, Kayla Gollacher, who presents her six favourite UK coastal destinations. Planning a vacation along the UK’s […]
- Things to Do in Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki in a WeekAlbom Adventures Thinking about a road trip to Aoraki/Mount Cook? Here we follow the adventure of Kiwi traveller Pam Clarke. She shares her stories and photos while outlining the things to do in Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki. Located on the South Island, Aoraki is New Zealand’s tallest peak. See Pam’s bio below. Nothing can […]